Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Money Skip Counting Puzzles



I am really excited about this activity because it is something I haven't seen before and have wanted my son to do.  My 5-yr old loves money.  He is excited about anything and everything involving money- books, games, candy, worksheets, etc.  These puzzles teach several concepts- skip counting, recognizing and counting coins; and develops fine motor, cutting, and gluing skills.  What I also like about this activity is that children can see how many coins of each make a dollar in comparison to one another.  Simply print the puzzles and give to your child.  They color the coins, cut along the dotted lines, and glue onto construction paper.  Download these free puzzles here in my Teacher's Pay Teacher's Store.  Enjoy!  

If you're looking for some more easy money activities, we also loved making these money (coin) books.  I also am looking forward to playing this money concentration game, but just haven't gotten around to it- you know, what with having a new baby and all :)  If you're studying coins, these are some great free activities to incorporate into your school day.  They won't even feel like they're doing school.

I'd love to keep my website ad free.  I hate ads!  If you have been blessed in any way shape or form by the services I've offered on this blog, you may want to send a monetary gift my way.  If so, that would be most appreciated!  I love what I do and am looking forward to helping others educate their little ones.






On a totally different note, I want to wish you all a very happy 2016!  Have you made any changes in your homeschooling?  How about in your parenting?  I certainly have.  I read a study that said most children will watch an entire year of television by the time they are 7!  Wow!  That blew me away!  Don't get me wrong- I enjoy getting a break during the day.  Mickey Mouse is a great babysitter when Mommy needs some downtime.  And I absolutely love Jack Hanna's Wild Countdown, and How It's Made.  There are many educational shows on television.  But, are we losing our children because of electronics?  I've always been very conservative about limiting television to a few hours a day (nap time).  But, after reading that study, I have decided that's too much too.  When I was a kid we didn't have electronics, minus cable TV.  I absolutely loved reading, and I want my son to love reading too.  Now, instead of allowing him to watch TV during nap, it is quiet time.  He can read quietly to himself or to me.  My 5-yr old is reading for an hour or more straight every day now- for pure enjoyment!  I even checked out a book for myself, so that he can see me reading an actual book- not something on my telephone.  Never mind that this busy Mama only read one page of it!  What does he read?  Why, Superhero books of course!  And he also loves science, so he has been reading some science books too!

What changes have you made at home?  

Be sure to Subscribe by email!  And, have you liked my page on Facebook?

No comments:

Post a Comment